Essex county council trading standards website dating websites over 50 uk to us dollar
RAF Honington has since seen Canberras, the Valiant V-Bomber, Buccaneers and Tornadoes.
Stirlings from RAF Shepherd's Grove continued to deliver mail and stores overseas until March 1946.
RAF equipment was on show, together with some captured enemy ordnance, including a V-1 flying bomb.
Proceeds were donated to St Dunstan's Hostel for the Blind.
Redgrave Hall had been requisitioned for troops during the war, and following this period, and the massive repairs needed, it was demolished in 1946, like many other large houses of the time.
The airfields and military installations in our area naturally began to be wound down.
Back in Civvy Street the authorities had to cope with large numbers of men returning from the war, and houses and public utilities that had been neglected for six years.
The local air training squadron had its gliding school moved here from Westley, although it had been used for gliding purposes for several years as an adjunct to Westley.
Tuddenham closed for flying in November 1946, but would return to duty in 1954.
In 1944 the government had passed the Housing (Temporary Accomodation) Act which aimed to replace the war damaged housing stock and introduce returning service men to work in the construction industry.
With conventional building materials and skilled labour in short supply, one solution was to turn to factory made sectional buildings which were pre-fabricated so that they could be assembled, like a kit, on site.